Who We Follow
Amy Porterfield @AmyPorterfield
Amy is a social media and marketing inspiration. All of her blog posts, podcasts, webinars, and tweets demonstrate her social media knowledge, and her efforts exhibit strong social media leadership. She helps individuals expand their media fan base, boost profits, and succeed.
- Adweek’s twitter account is a source for news, insight and community for marketers, media and agencies. They tweet about current topics involving brands, marketing, advertising and more. Adweek engages with their followers every week through their Adweek Chat that they conduct. They ask followers to give their opinions on a variety of topics that they engage with through a discussion type format via twitter.
Jay Baer @jaybaer
- Founder of Convince & Convert, a strategy consulting firm that helps prominent companies gain and keep more customers through the smart intersection of technology, social media, and customer service. Baer has spent 20 years in digital marketing, consulting for more than 700 companies during that period, including 30 of the FORTUNE 500.
Kim Garst @kimgarst
- Garst is not only a thought leader and social guru, but she was recognized as one of Forbes Top 10 Social Media Influencers. She is also the founder and CEO of Boom! Social, a personal branding and social media business consulting firm. If you want to stay on top of what’s hot in the industry, she’s a great follow!
Ann Handley @marketingprofs
- Ann Handley is the author of the Wall Street Journal bestseller Everybody Writes: Your Go-To Guide to Creating Ridiculously Good Content and co-author of the best-selling book on content marketing, Content Rules: How to Create Killer Blogs, Podcasts, Videos, Ebooks, Webinars (and More) That Engage Customers and Ignite Your Business. She is the Chief Content Officer of MarketingProfs; a columnist for Entrepreneur magazine; a LinkedIn Influencer; a keynote speaker, and writer.
Kristi Hines @kikolani
- Kristi Hines is a freelance writer and professional blogger whose clients include American Express, Bigcommerce, Capital One, CrazyEgg, FreshBooks, GetResponse, HubSpot, and SumAll. Her freelance writing portfolio contains over 400 posts that have generated a total of over 300k social shares and over 150k clicks from Google search visitors each month. Hines has more than 94K followers on Twitter, Google+ and Facebook.
Aaron Lee @askaaronlee
- Aaron Lee is a leader in social media. Since joining in March 2009, he has flooded his Twitter with personal and professional advice. He provides motivation photos and also links to articles pertaining to the use of social media. He is an essential follow for any up-and-coming social media professional. He also isn’t too bad to look at ;)
Amanda Lucci @alucci
- Amanda Lucci is a young, driven, and ambitious professional. She is Us Weekly’s social media editor at Wenner Media. Her witty tweets are contagious and a lot of fun to read. Lucci is also an OU alum!
- Alexis Ohanian is the Cofounder & executive chair of @reddit and a part time partner of @YCombinator. On Twitter, Ohanian posts everything from social commentary to witty jokes. Over the past few years Reddit has gained not only popularity but they’ve rightfully earned their title of “The Front Page of the Internet.”
Jonah Peretti @peretti
- Jonah Peretti is the co-founder of The Huffington Post, Buzzfeed and Contagious Media. Peretti is an internet entrepreneur who is finding ways to keep American’s entertained online . Jonah is a successful millennial and media tycoon who keeps his followers constantly engaged via Buzzfeed articles. Follow @Peretti to get a peek inside his life, the latest Buzzfeed articles and what it means to have “work smarter” attitude.
Nate Riggs @nateriggs
- Nate Riggs is the founder and CEO of NR Media Group, an award winning inbound and content marketing agency located in Columbus, OH. He has contributed to many business publications, such as, The Wall Street Journal, Harvard Business Review, and CCO Magazine and many more. He has been in the marketing business for over 10 years. He is also a marketing professor here at Ohio University.
Brian Solis @briansolis
- Brian Solis is a principal analyst at Altimeter Group. He is also an award-winning author, prominent blogger, and keynote speaker. Solis has studied and influenced the effects of emerging technology on business, marketing, and culture. As a result of his work, Solis also helps leading brands, celebrities, and startups develop new digital transformation and new media strategies and that enable businesses to adapt to new connected markets from the inside out.
Seed Strategy, Inc. @seedstrategy
- Seed Strategy, Inc. is a growth acceleration firm located in Crescent View Hills, Kentucky. For over twelve years, this brand strategy firm has helped Fortune 100 companies create memorable and successful products that are still seen in stores. As a company that is constantly growing and excelling, Seed Strategy constantly delivers insights into how brands can better innovate, accelerate, and succeed.
Matt Wayne @RealMattWayne
- If you are interested in entertainment and social media, Matt has all the resources on how to market effectively through those channels. He inspires through his social media advice, with over 40,000 followers on Twitter. He also has a flagship company, No Social Limits, which is a go-to source for targeted audience growth.
Ryan Whiteside @ryanwhiteside
- Technical SEO Strategist at Fathom for 6+ years with specialities in SEO, Internet Marketing and Online Business.
Viveka von Rosen @Linkedinexpert
- Viveka’s specialty is LinkedIn, and she trains, speaks, blogs, and tweets interesting and helpful content about it. Definitely a must-follow for anyone with an interested in marketing over Linkedin.
Adam Elmakias @elmakias
- Adam is a music photographer based our of San Diego. He has developed a large fan base through his branding and the tactics he uses on social media. He recently did a KelbyOne video series where he talked about the importance of social media as an independent artist and how to create a brand around yourself.
- HubSpot is an inbound marketing and sales platform that helps companies attract visitors, convert leads, and close customers. They are a very large company headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts with offices located around the world. They currently have a Twitter following reaching 676K followers. They consistently post very relevant, interesting content on various topics that ultimately help their customers’ businesses grow.
Total Quality Logistics @TQLogistics
- Total Quality Logistics is a third party logistics company based out of Cincinnati, Ohio founded in 1997. Total Quality Logistics is a sales organization that provides logistic services to over 50,000 carriers. TQL is the nations largest privately owned freight brokerage firm. They currently have a twitter following of 3,803. Since this company is relatively new and up and coming, they have post that regards to their expansion program. With currently around 50 offices nationwide, they are planning on expanding the company. They announce new offices that are opening, to be opened, community work, and any upcoming news they have within the company.
- Mashable is a digital media website and blog created in 2005 by Pete Cashmore. It is known for providing various content ranging from social media news and insights to the world of business, tech and entertainment. Through Twitter, Mashable is a valuable follow to stay up-to-date with how different aspects of the world and business is changing and/or using social media. Their Tweets provide links to their blogs, others’ blogs, contain relevant media, and they appeal to a number of big audiences. Their Twitter empire is large because of their content bringing in just under 7M followers at 6.98M. Their ratio benefits their followers as they are only following key influencers and sources at 2,836. Users on Twitter find Mashable a credible source in the world of social media.
Danielle Bernstein @WeWoreWhat
- Danielle Bernstein is the social media blogger behind the extremely successful @weworewhat. She started on Instagram, engaging with users who crave all fashion and lifestyle trends. She now has over 1.4 million followers and has taken her talents to her own website, weworewhat.com. She has nailed reaching out to her target audience and has become a go-to brand when you want to keep up on the latest trends.
Guy Kawasaki @GuyKawasaki
- Guy Kawasaki is best known as the former chief of Apple but is often overlooked for his success with Canva. Canva is a popular graphic design platform that offers tools to optimize info graphics. Guy is a genius when it comes to the do’s and don’ts of graphic design and offers valuable insight on how to best execute marketing on social media. If you are interested in learning how properly market a business on social media give Guy a follow @GuyKawasaki.
Sarah Dudley @SarahDudley3
- Sarah Dudley is a marketing strategy and communications professional for IBM Cloud who has a passion for social media, blogging, content creation, & infusing online products and services with personality. She develops and executes communication plans for IBM including blogs, videos, graphics, and newsletters and handles key communications involving launches, events, & organizational announcements. She is active on twitter and often tweets advice about social media and content marketing & trends.